Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Since I last wrote we have enjoyed a wonderful Easter weekend.  We were invited to the home of the MacArthur's for dinner.  It was nice to visit with them and the Swingle family were there, too.  It's been great to catch up with good friends.  On Tuesday Sondra took me and another friend, Carolyn Conquist, to the pottery shop here.  I'm going to love this shop.  Lots of pottery and I love dishes so....I have already warned Kurt - :).  She also took us to a nursery called the Orchidville - beautiful orchids (which Singapore is famous for).  They were so cheap - I couldn't believe it and the smell is so beautiful.  I will probably purchase many of these and even pay to ship them home when it is time. 

Kurt had to travel to London this week.  It's not been as lonely as I thought it would be.  The days have gone pretty quickly.  I'm loving the easy lifestyle here.  I could learn to really, really like this life :).  I have maid service every day - lol.  If I want I can go upstairs to have breakfast because it is included in the lease at this service apartment.  I can just go sit by the pool all day and read.  I have my groceries delivered.  Yes, I could really get used to this lifestyle. 

I think we have found our permanent residence.  It is at a highrise called the 4 Seasons.  There are actually four towers - Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall.  We would actually live in the Summer tower on the 16th floor.  It has a beautiful view and the minute I saw it I felt good in it.  I will be able to feel at "home" and enjoy it very much.  I have made a new friend, Carolyn Conquist, and she lives on the 14th floor of the same building.  It is just a 5 minute walk to all the major shops.  It is going to be very easy.  If we still wanted to walk to Church we could do that too but we would have to catch the MRT and go one stop.  No biggy at all.  I will probably do that at least once a week because they have a scripture study class for the RS on Tuesdays and I will be attending that.  The classes will end in June for the Summer break and then will resume in September when school begins.

I love reading all of your posts.  It helps me keep in contact with my world.  Hugs to all of you out there in cyberland :)



4 comments:

the Smiths said...

I love orchids and I am glad the adjustment is going pretty well. I bet it is beautiful you should post pictures soon!

The Nielsons said...

Yes yes, it sounds like the Singapore life is extremely rough. I don't know how you plan to make it through. Haha! Make sure there's enough room for Taylor & I in your luxury high rise! ;)

It sounds like you're with some fun people and that you'll be able to make more good friends soon enough!

Anonymous said...

Sister Nielsen, I found our blog! It was so fun to read and catch up on your recent happenings! I hope your Easter holiday was wonderful, and look forward to keeping in touch! Much love, Lindsey

Angie said...

We're jealous that you got to get together with MacArthurs. It would be so much fun to have dinner again with you and them.