Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day & Random

I had a lovely Mothers Day - well actually several days of Mothers Day.  Friday I talked with Andrew and Liz for quite awhile and enjoyed visiting with them.  I received a fun card from them.  Taylor called on Sunday morning and I received lovely e-cards from both Taylor & Kiersten.  Bryce called yesterday morning (his Sunday evening).   I received a Mothers Day card from Annie (our adopted Chinese daughter - who is serving a mission in Sydney, Australia) so I had a great Mothers day. Kurt took me out to dinner last evening (Monday night).  I am a very blessed Mom.

I am done going through the major unpacking.  Allied is supposed to come today and take away the boxes and as soon as they do then I can really start organizing and decorating.  We had a new sideboard and mirror delivered and I'm going to love it.  Also, ordered a new sofa (L-shaped) for the front room but it won't arrive until late May or early June.  I am going to go back to the shops in an area called Dempsey Road to look at more tables.  It's fun buying new stuff and the cool thing is we aren't having to pay for it.  It's part of our lease with the apartment.  If we decide we like it we can offer to purchase it when we leave.  So it's fun spending money that I don't have to worry about - hehe - I'M LIKING IT!  As soon as I get it all set up I promise I will try to post pictures.  

This Thursday I'm going on a tour of a museum called BABA House.  It's from the late 1800s time period and is a house set up like what a wealthy Chinese family would have lived in.  I'm looking forward to it and will take pictures and attempt to post more about it after I have toured.  

I am very proud of myself.  I have gotten in to a workout routine.  It's been very nice to have a treadmill available - so it has become a part of my daily routine.  It feels good to listen to my i-pod and walk very briskly for 25-30 minutes.  Feels really good :)


1 comment:

The Nielsons said...

I'm happy that you were able to have a nice weekend! And I'm jealous of your new furniture! I wish I could just pick out whatever I like and let someone else foot the bill!! Good job with the working out! I don't know how long it will take me to get back to working out again!!