Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wed., March 25, 2009

I heard really sad news from Nayda on Sunday.  She called to tell me that Jared had died.  I couldn't believe it.  So young with so much potential.  I think it was John and Nayda's worse nightmare come true.  But they have strong testimonies of the gospel and have faith in temple covenants.  These two days will really be hard for them.  My heart aches because I'm not able to be there to  support them.  The best friends in the whole wide world.  I love them, dearly.  

We are in the middle of packers being here at the house.  They packed the upstairs yesterday and about 1/4 of the down.  The loaders come to pick up the Houston shipment today about noon.  They return tomorrow to pick up the Singapore shipment.  Meanwhile, the house is total chaos with boxes and junk everywhere.  

Kurt and I are staying in a very POSH service apartment until we fly out on Tuesday.  It's the Forbury Hotel and is in a very nice location to be able to get to the towne centre and the beautiful Forbury Park is just across the way.  We are also right next to the ruins of the Reading Abbey.  It's funny because I always wanted to stay at this hotel and here we are on the tail end of our time here and I get my wish.  How great is that :)

2 comments:

Alison said...

So sad about Jared. After you called and told Bryce he didn't say anything for about 10 minutes, but I could tell something was wrong. He is mad that this happened...I guess that's how he shows his sad emotion. Our prayers are with John and Nayda. I am so sad for them.
I can't believe that you are leaving England so soon. Singapore will be fun, though. Love you!

Jenn said...

We too were sad to here about Jared. Gosh it's still hard to believe. Him and Naomi were just weeks apart. I look at him and see my baby sister. They do have such strong testimonies and that will help them get through this horrible time. Lea-Lea called on Sunday night and my phone was off so she called Markus. I knew it wasn't good news. Last I saw Jared he wanted to come back to church and was such a fun kid to be around.