Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday, March 30, 2009

Well the packing went well and the goods are all loaded and sitting in cargo containers waiting to be off.  I don't know where they are at the present time but know that some will arrive in Houston in about a month and Singapore will arrive in about 2 months.  I hope our household good don't get seasick :)  They have a long ways to go over the ocean in two different directions.

Yesterday was a lovely day.  The ward had a farewell for us after Church.  They presented us with a photo album of all the families in the ward and each (or some) wrote a little note.  So sad to leave this wonderful ward.  They have become like family.  

We sold both of the cars this weekend so we are car less now.  It's not too bad.  Kurt got a taxi to work today and I rode the train to Twyford.  I'm waiting for the people to come and check us out.  I'm hoping they aren't too hard nosed about things.  I can tell you - we left this house a lot cleaner than when we got it.  But I have loved this house.  It's been my "Nauvoo" house.  I have had wonderful memories here.  It was really hard on Kurt.  He loves it here.  

On to the next adventure!!!

2 comments:

Ciara said...

Kathi! I am so excited for your newest journey! Have fun, take pics, and enjoy the sun for me!

Cherie' said...

We are both so very excited for you guys! Cannot wait to hear how you like Singapore!