Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We celebrated Thanksgiving last night instead of today Nov. 27, 2008.  We had Amanda and Branden Berns, their friend, Jake.  They are all students studying here in the UK.  Amanda is at the University of Reading and her husband, Branden is working.   Next fall they will be headed to NYU for him to start his law degree.  Jake is working on his PHd in London.  They were all really nice to have around.  Our friends, Frans (American) and his wife, Linda (Brit) were here and our friend, Kathryn Witts.  It was just nice to have a proper Thanksgiving dinner again and to have good friends around.  I set a beautiful table and lots of good food.  I am very grateful for my blessings.  I am grateful for my family.  For our new little one that will be arriving and for the blessing of watching Isabel grow.  I am grateful for friends who are a special gift in life.  I am grateful for the gospel in my life.  Very humbled by that blessing.  I am grateful!

Since we weren't able to be with our family this Thanksgiving I am grateful for the good friends that we have here and for the blessing of being able to enjoy a meal with them last night.

1 comment:

Cherie' said...

Happy Thanksgiving from all of us!! We love you guys!