Wednesday, November 26, 2008

English Funerals

I just wanted to write a quick thought while I was thinking about it or knowing me :( I would forget to put it down.  I have been to several English funerals now and I have to say I really like them.  I passed by a church just a few minutes ago in the village and there was a funeral procession beginning.  At English funerals the morticians where full coats and tails, top hats and are very respectful and reverent.  When they come to the casket they bow and when they carry the casket anywhere and then let it down - they bow again.  It is really amazing to watch and makes me feel good.  I really like the respect they show to the family and to the deceased.  Okay, it is a random thought but I wanted to put it down :).  Wish I could get some pictures and was a better descriptive writer.  

No comments: