Friday, October 30, 2009

Mahjong

I have started playing a game called Mahjong on Friday afternoons with a few ladies from the American Women's Association and also a funny British lady named Barbara Bugg. This game is kinda like playing Rummy except it is played with tiles and they have Chinese characters on them. It is a thinking game and that is why I decided to learn to play. I need to think. I haven't really had to think for almost 4 years now. My brain is getting mushy - hehe. Anyways, I have been playing for about a month now and each week I feel I am getting the game down a little better. When your are about to "mahjong" you have a term called "fishing" which means you only have one tile left to complete your game and you have to announce that you are fishing for that tile. I went fishing twice yesterday. I was very happy. Next week - who knows - I might actually MAHJONG. If so I will take a picture of it - for a treasured memory :). I might even post it.

2 comments:

The Nielsons said...

hahaha, that's so funny. You'll have to teach us one day!!

the Smiths said...

Sounds like a lot of fun Kathi!