Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jerusalem

Since I have been back to England it's been pretty busy.  I was home a day and Kurt left to go to Singapore and I had a hard time getting regulated back to the time zone.  I coudn't go to sleep until 2:00 a.m. and then I would wake up at 7:00 a.m.  I think I just wasn't sleeping well because he was gone.  John and Nayda arrived on Oct. 10th and it was great to have them here.  Kurt got back on the 11th.   We didn't do any BIG trips but did short day trips.  We went to Hampton Court, Basildon Park, Oxford and in to London.  It was just nice to have them here and for them to relax a bit.  It was hard to say goodbye to them.  

I have a friend here, Kathryn Witts.  We have become very good friends.  Her husband, Tim is over in New Zealand right now helping a daughter renovate her house a bit so he is going to be gone until Dec. 13.   She decided that she wanted to take a little holiday and asked me if I would like to come along.  Of course I said, yes!  So, we have made reservations to go to Jerusalem on Nov. 12-17.  I am so excited - I cannot tell you how excited I am.  I AM EXCITED :)  I have always wanted to travel to the Holy Land and now I will be going right before Christmas.  How awesome and great is that!   We are going to be staying in a hotel right by the Mt. of Olives and close to the old city.  I will be staying near and be stepping on ground where the Savior gave everything and suffered so much for me.  I promise I will take pictures (I can't promise how great they will be) and post them.  I'm  still pinching myself in the fact that I am really going. 

Kiersten called the other day and told me that they will be in Utah for Christmas.  I was so happy to receive that news.   Liz called and said they will be coming in after Christmas but they are coming.  It will be so nice to have our family together for a bit.  Kurt's mom will finally get to meet Isabel and Liz.  Kurt's sister and her family are coming up to Provo to see us from Mesa, AZ.  They will finally get to meet all of our sweet daughters-in-law and Isabel.  

Good things happening all around.  Like President Monson has told us, "Find Joy in the Journey".   To add to our joy, as many of you may know - Kurt and I are going to be grandparents, again.  Taylor & Kiersten are expecting late May or early June.  I have to say, my journey is full of joy and I am grateful.  

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, what an awesome trip to make at such a great time of year. Don't forget your camera, please! Happy to hear about Kiersten & Taylor expecting. How awesome.

jamie said...

Kiersten is PREGNANT??? ha ha just kidding, I knew. I'm so excited your family can all get together!

Ciara & Lyle said...

YEAH for Kiersten & Isabel (and Taylor) coming home for Christmas! I am excited too! Can't wait to see your pics from Jerusalem.

Cherie' said...

Jerusalem sounds awesome, I am so glad you get to go. Please tell Taylor and Kiersten congrats from us!