Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Back in England

I arrived back in England on Saturday afternoon.  That would be 1:30 p.m. England time, 7:30 a.m. Central Time in the US.  I left from Houston at 10:25 p.m. on Friday night.  It was actually a good flight because the plane wasn't crowded and I had a whole row to myself where I could stretch out to sleep.  Since it was time to go to bed - it was easier to sleep on the plane.  I don't think there were many people who didn't just sleep.  There wasn't anything good to watch on the monitors so it was an easy decision (if that makes sense).

When I arrived in England it was COLD.  The trees and foliage have started changing to fall colors and it is beautiful.  I love having real seasons.  I love the sights and smells of this time of year.  I brought fall decorations from home to put up because they just don't do that here and it has driven me crazy for the last 2 years..... hence, now I have my fall decorations up and love the cozy feel of my home.  I just had the chimney sweep come and clean the fireplace so that I can start a safe fire.  I think I will make one tonight.  I love sitting in front of the fireplace when it's really cold outside and drinking a cup of good hot chocolate.  

I had a wonderful trip home.  Priceless time with Taylor, Kiersten and Isabel.  I loved being able to bond with Isabel and hopefully she will remember me the next time she sees me.  I worry about that sometimes.  That is another reason I am so grateful for the webcam - hopefully she won't forget my voice and will remember our faces.  I was able to see all three of my brothers and their families.  Taylor, Kiers and Isabel went with me to see my Dad and his wife, Gaye.  So grateful to them for sharing their time to visit with him so he gets to know his great granddaughter.  I dealt okay with my Mom.  I visited with aunts, uncles and cousins that I haven't seen in years.  I am very blessed and I acknowledge that.   

5 comments:

jamie said...

I wish I could sit in front of your fireplace and join you for some yummy hot chocolate!

The Nielsons said...

and I wish I could join in with the changing fall colors! Everything is still GREEN here!! Haha! No worries, Isabel will NEVER forget you!!

Jenn said...

So glad you got your fall decorations. I just put mine out last weekend. It's my fav season and doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves. Oh can you give me your ID thingy for the webcam thing, Markus said he'd set it up for me. :)

Cherie' said...

I am glad you made it home safely. Yes a change of seasons would be nice. Maybe one day.

jamie said...

Oh I am not worried about it! He has worn plenty of tagless things and hasn't had a problem. It just seems like it can be a problem for some kids with sensitive skin! I love the outfit, no returning going on!